Working closely with Lao Women's Union and Lao Red Cross, we focus on boosting the income and health of older people in remote rural areas. We also help them stay active, empowered and engaged through Older People's Groups.
The difference we made in 2010-2011
- We set up 20 older people's groups, with more than 1,000 members between them.
- More than 650 members of the older people's groups joined livestock banks which loan pigs and goats at low interest rates and train members to care for their animals.
- We worked with older people to build 1,023 household latrines in 18 villages and more than 7,000 people in 16 villages now have access to clean water.
- We will train 235 new livestock bank members to take care of goats and pigs.
- We will create 20 herbal gardens to be used by trained practitioners in traditional medicine.
- We will repair and improve water systems in three villages.
Lao Red Cross, Lao Women's Union